Online video Score: 4 / 5
There is no doubt that cats are considered to be very dominating and independent pests as compared to other pests. While this is the case, it is important to note that this doesn’t mean that they are hard to train. When it comes to training cats, it is highly advisable to note that, there are different things and methods that you will be required to have on hand. This will in turn make it possible for you to train the cat with ease. Additionally, it is important to exercise a lot of patience when training a cat as it can be quite daunting compared to training other animals. Remember, whatever method or design you use to train your cat, you can rest assured that you will have a positive end result. Keep reading to learn how you can train your cat.
v Foremost, it is important to have an idea based on the kind of training that your cat will respond to. Keep in mind that, there is some training that will require you to reward your cat. While this is the case, it is imperative to note that not all the rewards have the prowess of stopping bad behavior in cats. You can use various tactics as long as there is no pain subjected on the cat.
v When training a cat, it is important to foster good communication. This means that the communication existing between you and your cat should be of discipline.
v In case you are training a cat and he tends to misbehave, it is important to use a water gun to spray it with water. This is so because, in general cats do not like water and spraying them with it, they will know it is a punishment.
v If the cat tends to bite or misbehaves while you are training it, it is highly advisable to tap it gently on the nose.
Movie Ranking: four / five
Everyone who owns a cat knows how much they hate being washed and yet at times, they have to be washed. While the idea might appear daunting, there are a couple of things that can make the entire process easy for you and your cat.
- You need to invest in specialist shampoo for cats. The choice you make should be all round and without any harsh perfumes or chemicals. You should not, under any circumstances use human shampoo on your cat since it is unsuitable for the skin and hair of the cat.
- When bathing your cat, make sure you use a large bath or bucket that is lined with a floor mat that is non slippery. It should be filled with warm water.
- While bathing your cat, it might get scared or frightened. When this happens, the cat will either bite or hiss. In the event it bites you, seek immediate medical help since cat bites tend to cause infections.
- Before you start bathing your cat, make sure you reassure and heap praises on it. You can also serve it food as a means of keeping it distracted till you are done.
- Use only a small portion of shampoo and make sure you lather it down to the cat’s tail. You should not forget the neck and the underside. While doing this, you should ensure the cat is not on the water but rather on a towel and be careful not to get shampoo into the eyes of your cat.
- Use clean warm water to rinse your cat thoroughly and ensure that the shampoo does not get into the inner ears and eyes of your cat.
- After rinsing he cat, let it shake the excess water off vigorously.
- Dry the cat and do not let it go outside until you are certain it is dry.
Washing your cat regularly is one of the most effective ways of ensuring that it is well groomed at all times.
Online video Rating: five / 5
If you own a cat, it is imperative to ensure it has good dental health. A cat with good dental health will feed well and it helps to enhance its general wellness. Therefore, it is essential that you take a breath test. This will determine whether your pet has gum conditions and other problems that need medical attention.
Check on the lips of your cat for any swelling and abnormal color. A healthy cat should have firm pink gums. Clean the teeth regularly to prevent bad odor and to free the pet of brownish tartar. Similarly, take time to ensure that all teeth are intact and none is broken or lose. If there is any broken tooth, consider help from your vet.
It is also important to get a cat’s tooth brushing kit. You will need to clean your cat’s teeth regularly. The kit comes with toothpaste that is formulated for felines. You can also consider using water and salt to clean the teeth regularly. It helps to prevent different conditions including gingivitis, tooth loss, receding gums and tartar.
A vet exam is also essential for your cat as it helps to enhance its dental health. Take your cat for vet test where it will be checked for gum disease and possible conditions that could lead to tooth loss. A vet will also check the pet for possible tooth decay. This is because plague and bacteria forming foods can accumulate lowdown on the tooth. When plague or bacteria forms, tooth loss, tartar and gingivitis can also occur putting your cat at an awkward state.
Proper training is also an important step to enhance dental health of your cat. Brush your cat’s teeth at home. It will adjust to the routine where you will also introduce a toothbrush that is designed for cats. More importantly, brush gently and train your cat to take water to enhance its general health.